Why is good Content so important?
There are many ways to promote your business online, and the difference between offline- and online marketing is not so big.
Even if advertising can be very effective offline, it is not close to how effective online marketing is and the reason is that most of the people search the internet for information. Advertising is only interesting if the product or service they are searching for can losve their problems.
There are five strategies that you can implement in your business that will not only create a content strategy for you, it will also create a very effective marketing strategy. Whit this strategy you just have to spend a few hours each week, so it is not time consuming.
- Articles – You know that articles not only brand you as an expert but are also a way to create quality content for your site. People want good content if they should come back. But, if you don’t like writing, or don’t write, maybe you don’t have English as your native language and find it is too difficult to write in English, you can dind quality articles to post on your site. The larger your site is, the more likely you will be found by readers and search engines. Here are a few article directories you can use: Ezinearticles, Isnare and Goarticles.
- Blogs/RSS – Blogging is another way to create content for your website, and by using RSS, you can easily distribute your content. Most people do not understand what RSS really is, or how it can be used to drive traffic to your site very effective. Basically, RSS is a form of code that is very search engine friendly. Whit RSS feeds, which you can add to your website or blog, you can create content that updates itself. Because of this self updating, the search engines will spider your site more often, and it will increase your rankings. Once you have built your blog and added serveral entries, you need to ‘ping’ it to get it listed. Here are two tools you can use: Pingoat and Pingomatic.
- Press Releases – Press rekeases are news about your business. A press releases are also an excellent way to get high rankings for your site because you can create content rich press releases and submit them to a Press Release Directorie. Many of these directories are high traffic. Here are several sites that accept press releases: Press-World, Free-Press-Release, Prbase, Click2Newsites, Prweb.
- Search Engine Optimization – Optimizing your site for the search engines means creating keyword rich content, exchanging links with other sites, submitting your site to directories, which create backlinks pointing to your site. You can use tools like Web Ceo, to help your optimize your pages. Submitting your site to search engines is often unecessary, because most search engines will spider through to your site from another site. You still nedd at least one link pointing back to your site so your site will be found and gets spidered. Submit your site to Alexa. If you submit your site to Alexa it will not only make sure that your site gets spidered, you will also be able to compare your site to other sites, and get statistics on traffic to your site..
- Free Ebooks and Reports – Writing and giving away free ebooks and reports will give visitors an incentive to visit your website. You can also submit your ebooks and reports to ebook directories for free. Here are some: Free-eBooks, EbookDirectory, EbookPalace, EbookJungle, Ebooksnbytes. If you make your ebook brandable, in other words it means that people can place thier own links inside your ebook and that makes it vireal. You give others an inventive to share your ebbok and spread it across the internet.
If you need Ebooks, and don’t write by yourself, you can always give away an ebook someone else has written, if you do that, you must be observant of what rights you have. It is also important that you stay on the topic. If you write about gardening, do not give away an ebook about lets say bodybuilding. Some ebboks allows you to rebrand as you own.
You can find many good ebooks here, with rights to give away, and some sell or rebrand.
Once you implement these content strategies on your site, add steams of revenue to your site like AdSense and Virtual Portals. These sites vill allow you to monetize your site.
Althrough adveritising, like Pay Per Click, PPC, can be effective in promoting your website, it can quickly becpme expensive. By focusing on creating quality content for website, and then promoting that content, you can continue to drive traffic to your website for years to come.