How to start a successful Email Marketing Business
Running a business today involves a number of components that never existed in the past. While business owners have a much greater reach to find their consumer, thay also face a great deal more competiotion. The businesses that are the most succesful are able to think outside the box and take advantage of tools that can help to grow their business. Email Marketing Campaigns are one of those tools. When used correctly this can be a powerful way to grow your business.
Email Marketing is a powerful tool when used right convertign subscribers to paying customers over time. It allows you an opportuity to easily share what you have to offer on a manner in which the subscriber is receptive, but only when it is done correctly.
Let’s have a look at the 9 steps you should use to enjoy email marketing success.
- Determine What Your Goal Is – For your email campaign to be success you need to know what your actual goal is. This allows you to accurately target and measure the success of your goals along the way. Here is an example of goals to consider:
* Are you successful at alergin customers of new features and products you have to offer.
* Do you send email to get subscribers to also subscribe to your blog and do you measure your conversion rate.
- Who Your Emails From – The name and email address that you send your email from needs to remain consistent on very single email you send. That creates brand recognition and you are less likely to land in spam.
- Subject Line – You email subject line need to be a call to action for your subscriber. They need to immedately know what action is required of them and why. Remember you only have 45 characters that are visible so make sure that you use them wisely and your message does not get cut off.
- The Email Body – Did you know that most people will read an email in under 10 seconds? Therefore, it is important that you are presenting the most important part of your message at the top of the email. This is also helpful because it shows as the snippet in the subscribers email program.
- Email Signature – Your Email signature should match the ‘from’ in the email. You should sign the email and include any other information you think the recipient shuld have such as your phone number, or perhaps your dagree is important, or your web address.
- Testing Your Email – It is important that you always test your email on a number of email platforms and on mobile devices, which make up a larger percentage of where email is read. That way you can make sure that your email is coming through correctly on all platforms.
- Send the Email – Always include the option to view as HTML or text. This is it! It’s time to send out your email campaign and start to enjoy the bebefits.
- Measure – In order to know if your email campaign is successful you need to measure the Click Through Rate and the unsubscriber rate. This will help you determine what you need to change or what’s working.
How do you start?
Email Marketing starts by offering the visitors something for free. It might be an eBook, a report, a monthly newsletter or anything else that is of value. The visitor fills out your subscription form and then begins to receive the material form your email marketing campaign.
The tricky part is in offering something that is going to get the visitor to part with their personal information including their email address and that is why your offer has to be of value. Today’s online users is much more savvy than in the past.
Over time the goal is to grow your subscribers. Now you have access to all of these email addresses and you might be tempted to begin sending out all kinds of content in an effort to get a sale. Word of warning- there are laws about spamming so make sure you familiar with these. In addition, even if you aren’t actually spamming you must be careful not to annoy your subscriber, because they will simply unsubscribe.
Your subscriber signs up for a particlular thing and you need to respect that. You however can always offer them various options so that they can add to their subscription at any time. It is a great idea to initially create goups so that those signing up are getting exactly what interests them.
For example, you might create 10 groups that include health, fitness, consumer affairs, finances, etc. Then the subscriber can choose which categories they want to receive information from. You will also be offering what it is you have for sale that fits the subscribers category or group.
Email Marketing has been one of the most successful platforms for online advertising and you too can enjoy the benefits and growth from using such a tool. The goal is to grow your business and your income and each one of these subscribers is a potential customer. When you market right you will get the sale, so get busy!
Download a FREE eBook and learn more about Email Marketing!